NHS Scotland NEWS and sepsis screening tool
Originally developed through the Scottish Patient Safety Programme (SPSP), this app provides: A National Early Warning Scoring System (NEWS) calculator to alert clinicians to the deteriorating patient and acute illness A qSOFA criteria calculator to identify adults with proven or suspected infection who are likely to have a prolonged ICU stay or die in hospital An outline of the Sepsis 6 care bundle for the treatment of Sepsis An algorithm to help identify Sepsis and Organ Dysfunction, Septic Shock and when to escalate care for the individual patient.
- Purpose: To support the prompt recognition and the timely initiation of treatment of patients with Sepsis.
- Access to this Resource:
- Mobile app
- Manufacturer: NHS Education for Scotland
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland
- Publication Date: 2015
- Keywords: sepsis,
- Authentication: No authentication required
- Scotland's health and social care
- Last updated: 01/06/2018
- CE Marking: Yes